Monday, February 4, 2013

Black In Black! I mean Pink....

So, I have been gone from the blogging world for a long time, but realized I wanted to come back. So, here I am!!

A lot has happened since I last posted, with the holidays and normal everyday life I drifted away from blogging but not sewing.

I want to share what I have been up to these last few months.
So, here we go.......

1)First and foremost, the job change...

I am now working with an amazing crew and owner of an embroidery/dealer of top end sewing machine shop!
I absolutely love it!  
 Ready for a photo bomb.....
  No egos were harmed in taking this picture.....
Yes, that is myself and my boss, Ann, photo bombing a sewing class at the shop.... We don't work, we play. 

2) A new Ironing station, Yea!!

I begged my husband, Jason, to make me a ironing station to make life easier on me....


 It began with and industrial shelving unit, then some gorgeous pieces of fabric, and then on the top shelf we put down a layer of Insulbrite, a layer of silver ironing fabric, and lastly a layer of Tula Pink Salt Walter fabric in blue. Sew pretty! The shelf is 18"x36", perfect for pressing large pieces. Lots of storage too! 
I have to admit that I filled up 21 clear boxes of fabric, it still wasn't enough.

3) Sewing, Sewing, Sewing.... sigh....

I am so guilty of starting new project in the middle of other projects. I literally have four projects going all at the same time. Yes, I am ADD. I can't help myself!!

 These blocks were made for the do.good.stitches,a chrity bee.I am in the Faith group with a wonderful group of talented quilters. I'm a lucky girl.
 For Christmas I was given a beautiful charm pack from my awesome Niece, Micah. The color were amazing! But, we all know I had to throw some pink in there. I call this Micah's Day. So sweet.
 I love this one! I have been slowly but surley working on my Vintage 9 Patch by Jeni at In Color Order. I love how tacky this one is coming out. The entire quilt has eighty something blocks. Can't wait until it's finished!!

 OK, so I have an obsession with my Rowenta Iron, Wennie. Yes, she has a name. She goes to work with me everyday. I am that crazy lady that carries an iron around, there I admitted it, I feel better. Well, Wennie had to have her own special carrier. When a local quilt shop offered a class to make an iron caddy, I was on it like a June bug on a fence post. I used Tula Pink's Pince Charming, and it is charming.
   
Last but not least, the same shop offered this beautiful spiral table runner class. I just had to take it. The fabric is by Dear Stella. It's way prettier in real life.
 
 












Ok, what number am I on.......oh yes ...

4) Last but not least,I have decided to do the unthinkable....
No screaming please...


I started with some of the "easiest" Blocks....


A-6 Uncle Homer

 
 C-1 Trooper Green's Badge
 D-13 Field of Dreams

 
  D-6 Challenge











I will be teaching this class very soon, so I am trying to get as many of the 225 blocks as I can. I only changed one thing though, the original blocks are 4 1/2" square. I will be doing a mix of 6" and 4 1/2" squares.

Well, that's enough of my sewing escapades...
What are you working on right now?


One more thing,
 
All this work has made Yoshi exhausted...

~Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, it helps me with the blog.
Thank you for your continued support!